Monday, June 21, 2010

Always by your side.

Words. Maybe they're all I have left. Words. Maybe every syllable uttered is a piece of me - sworn to be infinitely and most simply, me. Words. All the maybes in the world may not be enough to sum it up; that sometimes even words can't explain me. And I am pained for I am at lost for words. Still, I will try. 

My heart is cold; I don't feel your absence. I don't shudder nor do I wince at maybe losing you forever. I don't sit on the bathroom floor - it's cold tiles slowly warmed beneath my skin and the flowing hot water - to weep like I have so many times before. I don't confess as I do now in public; as nude as dead land. 

I don't have to. For once, memories suffice. The glass isn't half empty. For once, in a very long time. And I could say this surely - our bonds are everlasting. 

So I don't miss you nor do I long to be with you. Because when I am finally with you - it will be as though you had never left my side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment